Believers Stewardship Services is an organization with a unique philosophy:
- Scripture-based perspective: We seek to follow the Scriptures in the counsel we provide to the Lord’s people and in our internal operations (Joshua 1:8; James 4:17).
- Stewardship not ownership: We understand that all believers are stewards of the possessions the Lord has bestowed upon them and that each one will give an account for what he has done (2 Corinthians 5:10). As stewards, believers must use resources in a way that honors and furthers His work (1 Corinthians 4:1-2).
- Non-solicitation approach: BSS is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation looking to the Lord and His people for support. However, we do not solicit donations as we do not want to be perceived as competing with any assembly or ministry that we are helping (Philippians 4:19; Psalm 118:7-9).
- Other ministry focus: We do not seek to raise funds for ourselves, but instead see our place as that of encouraging stewardship and support of the Lord’s work as a whole. Our estate planning and planned giving services encourage giving to other organizations, using BSS to do the legwork (1 Corinthians 10:24).
- Above-reproach mentality: We encourage our employees, church and ministry leaders, and all others to follow legal and tax requirements and remain above reproach. We seek to do all things honorably in the sight of God and man. (2 Corinthians 8:21).